To ring in New Year’s Eve 2014, I’ve been invited to participate in Scotland’s 2nd annual #Blogmany event from December 29, 2013—January 5, 2014.
What is Hogmanay?
It’s the Scottish word for the last day of the year. And in Scotland that means it’s a big deal. Scots celebrate the annual holiday with assorted traditions and festivities, but it seems the biggest party is in Edinburgh. I’ll know more once I’m on the ground, but in Edinburgh, it involves a torchlight procession and what seems like a great concert lineup. And perhaps quite obviously: fireworks and a street party throughout the Hogmanay event.
Follow the #Blogmanay event live!
#Blogmanay is brought to you by Edinburgh’s Hogmanay and is supported by ETAG, EventScotland, Homecoming Scotland, VisitScotland, Edinburgh Festivals, Marketing Edinburgh and co-creators Haggis Adventures. Created and produced by Unique Events. As always, all opinions expressed here are entirely my own.
Notable Content Produced by Adam
- Visiting Scotland for New Year’s Eve (before the trip) — MyGayTravelGuide.com
- Edinburgh’s Hogmanay Torchlight Procession — Travels of Adam
- My First Impressions of the Scottish Countryside — Travels of Adam
- New Year’s in Edinburgh: WTF is Hogmanay?! — Travels of Adam
- Edinburgh’s Prettiest Little Hotel: Stay Central (near Grassmarket) — Travels of Adam
- VIDEO: Edinburgh Hogmanay Torchlight Procession — YouTube
- PHOTOS: Lunch at Gleneagles Hotel Resort — Tumblr
- PHOTOS: Whisky Tasting at Glengoyne Distillery — Tumblr
- PHOTO: Loch Fyne, flooded — Tumblr
- Review: Salmon from Loch Fyne Oster Bar & Restaurant — Because I Have A Blog
Additional #Blogmanay travel stories and photos were published on my Tumblr feed, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
View all my content from Scotland: Scotland Travel Blogs & Photos