Just thought I’d share the great time we had on Friday at the 2nd BostonTravelers TweetUp. Special thanks to Louise from @travelpod who helped set this one up.
Here’s the summary:
- Louise scored a free slice of pizza right at the beginning. She brought a big box full of stuff (several things courtesy of @SmarterTravel). Plus, some TravelPod patches!
- Maureen (who by a huge coincidence I already knew) showed up representing the Boston Globe Travel Show. She brought free tickets for next weekend. SCORE! Also, she highly recommends visiting Berlin.
- Graham from Graham’s Travel Blog was the one behind the travel gadget exchange idea. We talked briefly about Anthony Bourdain’s show and all the smoking, drinking & swearing that comes with it.
- Three folks from TripAdivor showed up: Barbara who came to the first TweetUp and two others. One who was on TV earlier in the day!
- Jeanne talked briefly about living location independent (Argentina—cool!). Hopefully I’ve convinced her to visit Iceland, but if not, maybe these photos will.
- Adam couldn’t make the last TweetUp but showed up to this one. He shared his CouchSurfing experiences and told us about the weekly Boston CouchSurfing meetup. Speaking of, I’m now on CouchSurfing! Friend me.
- I dragged Meytal along with me (she’s taking a RTW trip, too!) and she brought Lara (both are going to China for a month). Lara worked for my dream company in New York City. We share a mutual apathy for Chip Kidd.
- Susan of Transient Travels and I chatted for a little while about her options for her upcoming honeymoon. Tunisia, Barcelona & Croatia are all options.
There was some good business card representation at this TweetUp, too. Moo being the obvious winner. This will likely become a monthly meetup. Just use the #BostonTravelers hash tag on Twitter to get involved!