I visited Grapevine, Texas in partnership with Grapevine’s tourism board in December 2011. View the content produced from the trip below.
In the immediate weeks following the press trip, the post on the “Shrek the Ice” festival received hundreds of views through Google searches including hundreds of visits to the company’s booking website.
Content from the Grapevine press trip was published on https://travelsofadam.com. The following statistics are valid as of July 1, 2012.
- Shrek the Halls—Gaylord Texan Ice Festival 20 likes 14 tweets
- Hipster things to do in Grapevine, Texas (my hometown) 12 likes 14 tweets
- Hipster kitsch in Grapevine, TX 2 likes 5 tweets
- Dallas/Fort Worth…in lego miniature! 10 likes 9 tweets
SEO and search-traffic statistics
A major benefit for companies working with blogs is the longevity of posts. This blog strives to publish quality content that is easy to find on the web. Articles posted here often rank for their respective keywords which are selected based on the tourism board’s goals. Learn more about working with this travel blog in the media & press kit.
- Gaylord Texan post visible on the first page of Google results for any number of searches related to “gaylord texan ice” or “ice festival texas” and assorted variations
- Things to do post visible on the first page of Google results for any search related to “things to do in grapevine”
- DFW Legoland post visible on the first page of Google results for any search related to “dfw lego”
- Images from several of the blogs posts show up on the first or second pages of Google images