In June 2014 I was invited as a member of The Travel Mob to visit (and taste!) Ljubljana, Slovenia. The Travel Mob consists of 6 bloggers, including myself: Pola Henderson of Jetting Around, Jaillan Yehia of SavoirThere, Brian Cox of The Travel Vlogger, Monica Stott of The Travel Hack and Duncan Rhodes of Urban Travel Blog.
The #TasteLjubljana blog trip centered around the launch of Visit Ljubljana’s new marketing campaign called Taste Ljubljana. Part of my role in promoting the trip included social media exposure using their hashtag on Instagram and Twitter, as well as an expected amount of coverage through my travel blogs. While the overall theme of the blog trip included discovering the food and culinary scene, it was also about exploring the city and its touristic sites. I was also there to research and contribute to a guide soon to be published on The Travel Mob website.
Blog posts published as part of the #TasteLjubljana campaign:
- Is Ljubljana the New Berlin? 6 Reasons it Just Might Be
- The Creative Side of Ljubljana in 32 Street Art Photos
- My Best Meals in Ljubljana – A Surprising Culinary Destination
- Ljubljana Hipster City Guide
- Ljubljana for Lovers! Gay Guide to Europe’s Undiscovered City
This trip was sponsored and supported by:
- Visit Ljubljana – official tourism board
- The Travel Mob – blog trip
- Only Apartments – holiday apartment rentals
- Luxury Slovenia – travel planners
- And several restaurants and local tour operators in Ljubljana
Some of the articles and features published after my trip to Ljubljana have been syndicated and picked up by other news sources, including:
- RTVOSL.si: Ljubljana, raj za hipsterje in eno največjih popotniških presenečenj v Evropi
- Delo.si: Hipsterski bloger Adam: Je Ljubljana novi Berlin?
- Cosmopolitan (Slovenia): Top 9 hipster hotelov in 1 mega hostel
- City Magazine: Hipsterski vodič lokalov, restavracij in muzejev po Ljubljani
- Slovenia national TV (screenshot above)
- DETAILS Network: Is Ljubljana the new Berlin?
- DETAILS Network: Ljubljana Street Art Photos
- Ljubljana travel articles syndicated to Purple Roofs.com
- Hipster Ljubljana Foursquare List
- Ljubljana Travel Tips on Pinterest
- Q&A on BusBud.com
- Featured in HostelWorld.com: What One Thing Should You Eat in these 14 European Countries?