travelsofadam.com – media & press kit
Travels of Adam is a leading travel website featuring unique & personal stories from around the world, including a popular series of Hipster City Guides. The site receives over 130,000 pageviews per month from 150+ countries with over 35,000 social media followers and over 8,000 email subscribers. Readers are modern, open-minded, socially responsible individuals (millennials) with a very strong interest in traveling and city destinations.
The website is consistently ranked among the top 20 travel blogs by numerous online sources and is often a featured source of information on the travel industry, specifically “hipster travel.” With exposure and advertising on travelsofadam.com, it’s possible to reach a highly commercial demographic. Readers regularly use the site as a source for useful, interesting and inspirational travel information. Readers have purchased tours, visited recommended websites & changed travel itineraries based on recommendations published on this website and corresponding social media.
Let’s Work Together
The travelsofadam.com website is part of the DETAILS Ad Display Network, managed by the Condé Nast Style Network. Display ads receive an estimated 150,000 monthly ad impressions across 1,500+ website pages.
The following are suggested ways of working together:
- Press & social media trips commensurate with the editorial themes of the website
- Contests, giveaways and featured articles about select products & services
- Sponsorship of Hipster City Guide — request more information via email
- Other sponsorships targeted for specific events, festivals and promotions
- ART, MUSIC DESIGN & PHOTOGRAPHY — With a background in graphic design, Adam writes about museums, art galleries, exhibits and unusual architecture.
- ALTERNATIVE THINGS TO DO — Popular posts include alternative city guides with information on graffiti, unique tours, local blogs, street food and trendy restaurants.
- POLITICAL & SOCIAL ISSUES — Travel isn’t just about visiting landscapes & famous tourist sites but also learning about the local political climate and culture.
GAY TRAVEL — As a gay traveler, Adam provides a unique and highly targeted perspective on LGBT issues in foreign countries and cities. You can also check out his other website dedicated specifically to gay travel. Adam is also a member of IGLTA.
- HOTEL & ACCOMMODATION REVIEWS — With a section devoted entirely to hotel and other accommodation reviews, Adam provides honest feedback to readers on the most interesting places of where to stay around the world.
- HIPSTER CITY GUIDES — From select city destinations, Adam publishes a destination guide including personal recommendations for nightlife, restaurants, cafes, tours and interesting things to do. Hipster City Guides are often the most popular pages on travelsofadam.com. Requirements for publishing a city guide include:
- Press trip(s) and travel stipend for independent research
- Sponsorship support & fee for hosting sweepstakes (see a previous example)
The travelsofadam.com brand has partnered and worked with countless corporations, travel businesses and independent startups. View some case studies from successful marketing cooperations by clicking the links below.
- Win a Trip to Berlin – Sweepstakes Promotion with 15k entries (November 2014)
- #TasteLjubljana – Blog Trip with Extensive Press Coverage (June 2014)
- #OutInThailand – Gay Trip with Out Adventures to Thailand (May 2014)
- #STA Travel Insider – Amsterdam Travel Videos for YouTube (April 2014)
- #WelterbeGermany – UNESCO Sites in Germany (April 2014)
- #Blogmanay – Edinburgh Festivals (January 2014)
- Expedia UK Blogger Network (2014)
- Baden-Württemberg by Train (October 2013)
- Tel Aviv for Gay Pride (June 2013)
- My Berlin Story – German Language School Promotion (November 2012)
- Explore Canada – Blogtrip during Toronto Film Festival (September 2012)
- Discover Brussels Blogtrip (September 2012)
- Le Meridien Hotel – Luxury Budapest (August 2012)
- Catalunya, Spain Blogtrip (May 2012)
- Brighton for Gay Travelers (March 2012)
- German Sweets – Candy Factory Promotion (December 2011)
- Visit Grapevine, Texas (November 2011)
View a complete list of brands that have worked with Travels of Adam here.
While you can find a lot more information about Adam on the About Travels of Adam page, here’s the gist: Adam quit his corporate job in Boston as a graphic designer for a major international book publisher in 2010. For the next 15 months, he traveled around the world, visiting Europe, North Africa, the Middle East, India and Southeast Asia before ultimately making a permanent move to Berlin, Germany.
All information is current as of March 2015
To view all of Adam’s active social media networks, visit the Contact page.
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- skype: travelsofadam
Sign up for the Press & Partners Mailing List
Are you a member of the press and interested in occasional news/PR updates from Travels of Adam? Sign up at this link for exclusive press releases. You won’t be bombarded with updates except when there is news to share. View previous press releases here.