travelsofadam.com – media & press kit
Travels of Adam is a leading travel website featuring unique & personal stories from around the world, including a popular series of Hipster City Guides. The site receives over 150,000 pageviews per month from 150+ countries with over 35,000 social media followers and 8,000+ email subscribers. Readers are modern, open-minded, socially responsible individuals (millennials) with a very strong interest in traveling and city destinations.
Travels of Adam has been named one of the 10 best websites for 2016 (2016, Wirtschafts Woche), one of the 7 best travelers to follow on Instagram (2014, Yahoo! Travel), was a finalist for the Best LGBT Blog (2013, Bloggies Award) and syndicates select content to additional news sites. Adam’s popular series of hipster city guides are globally recognized as a top resource for “hipster holidays” (2015, World Travel Market study).
The website has been featured in Metro Newspapers (UK, USA), The Guardian, AFAR.com, Buzzfeed, The Scotsman, YNet News, Men’s Health Magazine, Vogue Italia, Cosmopolitan Slovenia, ELLE España, Conde Nast Traveller España, The Huffington Post and Die Berliner Zeitung among many others.
The website is consistently ranked among the top 20 travel blogs by numerous online sources and is often a featured source of information on the travel industry, specifically “hipster travel.” With exposure and advertising on travelsofadam.com, it’s possible to reach a highly commercial demographic. Readers regularly use the site as a source for useful, interesting and inspirational travel information. Readers have purchased tours, visited recommended websites & changed travel itineraries based on recommendations published on this website and corresponding social media.
Let’s Work Together
The travelsofadam.com website is part of the DETAILS Ad Display Network, managed by the Condé Nast Style Network. Display ads receive an estimated 150,000 monthly ad impressions across 1,500+ website pages.
The following are suggested ways of working together:
- Press & social media trips commensurate with the editorial themes of the website
- Contests, giveaways and featured articles about select products & services
- Sponsorship of Hipster City Guide — request more information via email
- Other sponsorships targeted for specific events, festivals and promotions
- ART, MUSIC DESIGN & PHOTOGRAPHY — With a background in graphic design, Adam writes about museums, art galleries, exhibits and unusual architecture.
- ALTERNATIVE THINGS TO DO — Popular posts include alternative city guides with information on graffiti, unique tours, local blogs, street food and trendy restaurants.
- POLITICAL & SOCIAL ISSUES — Travel isn’t just about visiting landscapes & famous tourist sites but also learning about the local political climate and culture.
GAY TRAVEL — As a gay traveler, Adam provides a unique and highly targeted perspective on LGBT issues in foreign countries and cities. You can also check out his other website dedicated specifically to gay travel. Adam is also a member of IGLTA.
- HOTEL & ACCOMMODATION REVIEWS — With a section devoted entirely to hotel and other accommodation reviews, Adam provides honest feedback to readers on the most interesting places of where to stay around the world.
- HIPSTER CITY GUIDES — From select city destinations, Adam publishes a destination guide including personal recommendations for nightlife, restaurants, cafes, tours and interesting things to do. Hipster City Guides are often the most popular pages on travelsofadam.com. Requirements for publishing a city guide include:
- Press trip(s) and travel stipend for independent research
- Sponsorship support & fee for hosting sweepstakes (see a previous example)
The travelsofadam.com brand has partnered and worked with countless corporations, travel businesses and independent startups. View some case studies from successful marketing cooperations by clicking the links below.
- Sweepstakes: Win an LGBT Trip to Costa Rica (March 2016)
- #VivaValencia – Travel Mob Blog Trip to Valencia, Spain (January 2016)
- #MyGayPride – Celebrating Gay Pride in Europe (Summer 2015)
- Sweepstakes: Win a Trip to Berlin – Promotion with 15k entries (November 2014)
- #TasteLjubljana – Blog Trip with Extensive Press Coverage (June 2014)
- #OutInThailand – Gay Trip with Out Adventures to Thailand (May 2014)
- #STA Travel Insider – Amsterdam Travel Videos for YouTube (April 2014)
- #WelterbeGermany – UNESCO Sites in Germany (April 2014)
- #Blogmanay – Edinburgh Festivals (January 2014)
While you can find a lot more information about Adam on the About Travels of Adam page, here’s the gist: Adam quit his corporate job in Boston as a graphic designer for a major international book publisher in 2010. For the next 15 months, he traveled around the world, visiting Europe, North Africa, the Middle East, India and Southeast Asia before ultimately making a permanent move to Berlin, Germany.
All information is current as of March 2016
To view all of Adam’s active social media networks, visit the Contact page.
- e-mail: email@example.com
- skype: travelsofadam