Sydney is the heaven of Australia, with lively and friendly people. Sydney is on the unique lands of the Gadigal people from the Eora nation. If you plan a trip here, aim for at least four days or more. A week would be even better, but the longer you stay, the more cool stuff you …
Travel tips, blogs, and photos from Colombia — Explore the Vibrant Culture and Natural Beauty!
Discover Colombia’s rich culture, stunning landscapes, and vibrant cities through travel tips, captivating blogs, and mesmerizing photos.
Colombia Travel Guide
Uncover the best of Colombia with my comprehensive travel guide, showcasing the most exciting activities and must-see sights. Colombia, a haven for LGBTQ millennial travelers, offers inclusive communities, colorful festivals, and a warm embrace of diversity. With its progressive attitudes and breathtaking natural beauty, Colombia beckons LGBTQ travelers to immerse themselves in an unforgettable adventure.
Experience the lively LGBTQ nightlife in Bogotá, the historic charm of Cartagena, and the breathtaking beauty of Medellín, all while feeling embraced and accepted. Start here with my basic Colombia travel tips, or jump down below to read my latest Colombia travel blogs.
When to Visit Colombia
Colombia’s ideal travel season spans from December to March when the weather is pleasant and rainfall is minimal. Don’t miss the colorful Barranquilla Carnival in February and the Medellín Flower Festival in August.
7 Things To Do in Colombia
- Explore the historic streets of Cartagena’s Old Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and savor the local cuisine.
- Immerse yourself in Bogotá’s thriving art scene at the Botero Museum and enjoy the view from Monserrate.
- Take a tour of a coffee farm. Colombia is famous for its coffee, so consider taking a coffee farm tour in the Coffee Triangle region to learn about the coffee-making process.
- Enjoy the LGBTQ gay Medellín nightlife, specifically in the Poblado neighborhood where gay bars and clubs like Club Oraculo and Mad Radio attract big parties every weekend.
- Enjoy the natural beauty of the Colombian coast’s Tayrona National Natural Park. Hike, swim and camp your way through stunning beaches and lush rainforests.
- Visit the Ciudad Perdida on one of the world’s most iconic treks. Embark on a multi-day trek through the in the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta mountains to the Lost City—an ancient archaeological site that predates Peru’s Machu Picchu but doesn’t see as many tourists.
- Enjoy the resorts during a city break in Santa Marta where you can also easily visit Tayrona National Natural Park, the lovely mountain village of Minca, and the backpacker beach hub of Taganga.
Colombia Tours & Itineraries
If you’re looking to plan a multi-day tour through Colombia, consider booking through a travel agency which can safely and easily arrange all your inter-city travel. I used Out in Colombia during my trip which helped to coordinate a full itinerary to both Santa Marta and Medellín.
LGBTQ Colombia Gay Travel
Colombia has become a hotspot for LGBTQ travelers due to its inclusive atmosphere. The Zona Rosa in Bogotá, Getsemaní in Cartagena, and Poblado in Medellín are hubs for LGBTQ nightlife. Don’t miss the Medellín Pride Parade, and be sure to stay in LGBTQ-friendly accommodations throughout your trip.
The best way to plan a gay trip to Colombia is to use a gay travel agency. My one-week summer trip to Colombia was organized by Out in Colombia and included unforgettable visits to the coastal beach city Santa Marta and a long weekend in Medellín during Colombia’s largest pride festival, Medellín Pride.
Colombia Travel Blogs
We didn't find any posts for your search term.
Wandering what’s worth seeing in Cleveland? Photos of Cleveland’s hipster hotspots and artsy, trendy neighborhoods
The Rock & Roll Museum (and Hall of Fame) in Cleveland, Ohio is one of the coolest museums for any fan of music—young or old.
Malaga is one of Spain’s best gay travel destinations and a fantastic place to start a road trip through Andalusia for LGBTQ travelers
Puerto Rico is one of the top LGBTQ travel destinations thanks to a warm and friendly local population and a lot of great gay bars, clubs, and activities year-round
With good weather, friendly locals, great deals, and all-night clubs, Puerto Rico’s nightlife is lively and fun. Discover the best bars & clubs of San Juan
A collection of my travel photos from a weekend in San Juan, Puerto Rico — a surprisingly beautiful, colorful & lively destination great for a city break
Understanding intimacy as a man can vary. Whether intimacy is about emotions, physical touch, love, or communication varies in each men’s perspective
Equinox is famously private about gym membership prices, but as an actual Equinox member, read how much it costs & whether it’s worth the fee
A mini-guide to New York City’s best things to do including tips on how to save money with the New York Explore Pass from SmartDestinations.com